One of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – GSK is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK in Ireland:
GSK’s Irish operations make an important contribution to our global business. We employ 1,500 people in four locations throughout the country. Our manufacturing sites in Cork, Dungarvan and Sligo produce high quality products and distribute them through our global network. Our Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Healthcare businesses provide a huge range of medicines, vaccines and consumer products to Irish people.
– Approximately half of our Irish employees are based at our consumer healthcare manufacturing site in Dungarvan where we produce ‘over-the-counter’ pharmacy and oral care products including Panadol, Polygrip and NiQuitin.
– The next largest employee base is at our manufacturing site in Cork that produces the active pharmaceutical ingredients for a range of GSK products used to treat depression, diabetes, congestive heart failure, HIV, Parkinson’s disease and arthritis.
– We also have a specialist manufacturing operation in Sligo – Stiefel a GSK company – that produces skin healthcare products including Oilatum and Physiogel.
– The remaining employees work in our commercial operations in our consumer healthcare and pharmaceutical businesses in Dublin.
– For more information, please visit www.ie.gsk.com